From: Edman, Perry - DOTI CE2294 Project Manager II Engineering <Perry.Edman@denvergov.org>
Sent: April 14, 2023 8:20 AM
To: zjames Czupor <email@example.com>
Subject: RE: Invitation to speak to Cherry Point HOA
Good morning ZJ,
Below is a brief summary of the City and County of Denver’s Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI) Hampden Multi-Modal Improvements Project:
· This project will provide preliminary and final engineering design and construction plans for several project elements aimed at improving multimodal safety and connectivity along Hampden Avenue from Dahlia St/Happy Canyon to Girard Avenue.
· Project elements are based on the 2018 Hampden Avenue Corridor Study and are primarily funded through the Elevate Denver Bond with some elements funded from the Rise Bond.
· The concepts and goals for this project were identified as part of the 2018 Hampden Avenue Corridor Study https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/denver-department-of-public-works/projects/current/hampden-avenue.html led by DOTI. Key community driven priorities that resulted from this study include:
o Focus on comfortable and convenient crossings for pedestrians
o Safety for all modes of travel
o Complete sidewalk network
· Denver’s Vision Zero team also conducted a Road Safety Audit on the eastern end of the corridor that provides further support and guidance for improvements between Yosemite Street and Galena Street.
· Traffic Data Collection – Completed
· Survey and Subsurface Utility Engineering (SUE) Field Work – Completed, currently processing data
· Crash Data Evaluation – Completed
· Corridor Mobility and Safety Analysis – Ongoing
· Hampden/Dahlia/Happy Canyon intersection Improvements
o Included in the Mobility and Safety Analysis
o Evaluating recommendations from the 2018 Hampden Avenue Corridor Study
o Evaluating turn lane signal warrants
o Evaluating traffic signal replacement
· Conceptual Designs - Will start upon completion of the Mobility and Safety Analysis
We will notify you once we have a date set for our first virtual public meeting which will occur once conceptual designs are developed. This will give us an opportunity to formally introduce the project and share the conceptual designs.
Please let me know if you have questions/concerns. Have a nice weekend.